WP Super Cache is the one another best cache plugin for WordPress. This incredibly boosts your website’s speed, This is a simple plugin for beginners, who don’t want more setting in the cache plugin. Usually you do not need to uninstall it. But if you want to remove it or want to use another cache plugin. Then you don’t need to do anything just caching off, deactivate & delete the WP super cache plugin. It automatically removes all files. But if you are using mod_rewrite for caching then WP Super Cache plugin requires little attention while removing. Because in mod_rewrite, it adds some codes in htaccess and wp-config file. And as soon as you disable WP Super Cache Plugin, it leaves some codes in Htaccess and wp-config file. Let’s see after the install WP Super Cache, where all files are saved & what codes are installed.
When you install this Plugin on your WordPress site then it installs-
All Files in-
Cache & Configuration file-
- In Htaccess file.
- In WP-config file.
How to fully remove Wp Super Cache Plugin?
Before WP-Super Cache uninstallation you need to first disable cache-
- Go to Settings » WP Super Cache. Under the Easy tab, turn Caching off and click on the update status button.
- Now click on Plugins option from the left & click on Deactivate option of WP-Super-Cache.
- After deactivation WP Super Cache plugin. Click on Delete to delete the WP Super Cache plugin.
- On the next screen, you will see a confirmation screen to remove WP Super Cache plugin click on Yes, delete these files button.
- Now WP-Super-Cache plugin has been successfully uninstalled from your WordPress site. But
Note: Please Backup data & files before editing.
WP-Super Cache complete removal:
When you deactivate WP Super-Cache then it will automatically remove Cache folder, Wp-Cache-config.php, Advanced-Cache.php & plugin installation folder. But some codes are still remain in the Htaccess file & Wp-config file. To remove these codes-
- Login to your CPanel account » click on file manager»Public_html»edit htaccess file & remove all code that start & end with-
# End WPSuper Cache
Click on Save.
Read This- How to edit Htaccess file easily
- Now Edit Wp-Config file & remove code like this-
After removing code click on Save.
Thats it, now you have successfully completely removed WP-Super-Cache plugin.
Thanks for visiting!